I checked out the
race route today. I've run from Arlington across the Potomac, down Little River Turnpike (I think) past the Kennedy Center and ending up behind Lincoln where I got lost the first time I drove to the zoo. Cool. But somehow that seems a lot farther than the 5 laps around my block this morning. Christie is waving at the Hirshhorn, and Michelle is viewing the homestretch going downhill and almost on her way back across the Potomac. Very cool.
Intriguing race map. Mile markers. Start. Finish. (at the Pentagon...really? Why didn't you warn me we are running on the Road to Hell? It sure has been paved with good intentions, by the way.) Ummmm, shopping marker. Ok. Shopping is good. Did I happen to miss the potty markers? I mean, I am the mother of 7 kids. No one is expecting me to run 10 miles without a pitstop right?
First, AWESOME!!! Four miles is no walk in the park. Unless one is lost...but that is a different story.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on breaking the four mile marker. For some reason four seemed big to me. Six was the same way. Eight and ten also. Seeing a pattern here? Mmmm...
We aren't racing each other (I hope).
Which one is the road to hell? Missed that. Not surprising...
I hadn't thought about a pit stop. I am sure we can work it in right between shopping and nap time. I am going to get a nap?? I will be without my kids...
I wasn't thinking of us racing each other. I just thought it was fun to see where we are the the route if we ran the distances we did this past week. DC is a great place to run and I love knowing all the places we'll pass.
ReplyDeleteWhen Bill worked at the Pentagon, I called it the Inferno because if you count the smokers' chimney (the open ring in the middle) and the parking lot (you should), the Pentagon has 7 rings like Dante's Hell. Also, it sounded like it was just as much fun. Ergo, the road to the Pentagon would be the Road to Hell. ;) I actually don't feel resentment towards the Pentagon anymore, now that our life is not governed by which long version of the commute is cheapest, safest, and shortest. And now that BIll's job is more than making copies for generals.
This is a good point to remind everybody to pack some toilet paper. Do not expect the porta potties to have any...and doing the drip dry method will eat into your run time (and annoy other runners waiting in line).
ReplyDelete