Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hello, running shoes!

I've missed you.

For PE this semester we decided to go cheap and easy.  Everyone is going to run the Jingle Bell Run in Dec.  Big boys are doing the 10K.  Next 3 doing the 5K.  Littlest are going to enjoy the Egg Nog Jog fun run.  Awesome.

Bill is chaperoning the 10K.  Our neighbor might do the 5K because his kids want to run it too and they are training with us. The kids could probably run without an adult anyway. I was going to do the fun run.  But....

A friend informed me today that her two want to do the 5K.  Her 1st grader and her Kindergartener want to do the 5K.  Great.  But she can't run.  Her husband can't run.  I'm scratching my head over who is going to chaperone these little guys because they will probably end up training with us.  Moi???


I did my first run/walk yesterday and feel like cr*p.  In fact I thought I was getting sick until I remembered that this is how one feels when one starts running again.  And now I'm going to have to run.  Shoot.  Help?  Is there any way to say "I don't want to watch your kids for 3.1 miles?"

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I just did a 5k (a small one) and I looked at the race results. The youngest child to complete the race (except for those in strollers) was 7. I would not commit to such an undertaking which may end up being you piggy backing one or the other...but perhaps they'll figure this out as you do your training?

    ReplyDelete