Tuesday, September 28, 2010

On the road again...

Ran 8 miles the Saturday we drove to Huntsville.  Felt great.  Felt like two more would have been just fine.  Then spent two weeks living in a hotel room with my husband and five kids trying to figure out how to a) get enough sleep...still b) what time was the right time to get up and go to the gymette in the hotel and still get a shower, breakfast, kids dressed and downstairs for breakfast AND get to work on time c) when my husband was going to get to the gym so he didn't lose his mind watching the kids all day.  I think I figured it out the second week we were there.  Unfortunately it was Thursday.  End result?  Ran about 7 miles total the entire two weeks.
Drove straight through Saturday and arrived home 11pm.  Sunday morning got up, got dressed for Mass, took three little boys to Commissary while Andy was a the gym.  Went to Mass at 1115 in the CLASSROOM on post...never going there again.  Took a TWO HOUR nap.  Heaven.  Went running.  Ran 3 miles at a fairly good clip until the last .5 and then felt like I might make it home...sometime.  Knees were aching.
Monday morning knees were REALLY aching.  Rode my bike instead.  Felt good.  Realized I had on my ultra cool red running hat.  No helmet.  Oops.  Detoured to take back roads and thus shortened my ride considerably.  Good for not seeing an MP, bad for training.
Tuesday morning Andy late getting back from gym.  Supposed to run four miles.  Due to time limits ran three and felt like it was a good thing because four seemed WAAAAY too long.
At this rate I might make it to mile five at the 75 min mark.  Might.  I keep reminding myself that it will only take me two weeks to get back to where I was before and eight miles will feel good instead of insurmountable.  I keep reminding myself that there are other people who need me to offer up this un-fun running; Melinda in Alaska with arsenic water and winter fast approaching, Andrea with Randy in Boston for another surgery, my husband's NCO whose father was just diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer that has spread to his brain, my former neighbor whose cancer comes and goes and whose husband of 62 years is not in good health.
Some how my 7x800 tomorrow sounds pretty darn good.

1 comment:

  1. Running hat--I laughed out loud. I would totally do the same thing.

    Another person to offer up for. Marc Berquist, LB's husband, has lymphoma. And Marion VderW's Kell's numbers went up. I'll have my list handy tomorrow when I run--if the rain lets up.

    ReplyDelete