Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hard core runner or nice mom?

I feel like I am constantly having a running identity crisis. The other day I convinced myself that I was a hard core runner because I was choosing to run outside at 2:30 in the afternoon (as opposed to getting up early). Several mental pep talks later, all on the subject of how hard core I am, how I eat nails for breakfast, how real runners fear not time of day...blah blah....., I laced up my NEW running shoes and looked up to find that Thomas was preparing to tag along.

Moral dilemma: Should I be a hard core runner and suffer alone in the high humidity and heat or should I be a nice mom and let him suffer with me?

I chose nice mom. And I chose it again when he bagged the 3rd lap and Cecilia asked to run it (can you read my eyes rolling?) with me.

The payoff for that painful run came this morning when I ran 25 min straight for the first time and didn't even notice that I ran up the hill that was killing me last week!

2 comments:

  1. Good job - both on being a nice mom and on the 25 minute run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can be hard core runner and dust the kids. Doesn't really help the kids but it keeps them from wanting to go with you again. Wait...was that my outside voice?
    Awesome on the 25 minutes and conquering the hill!!

    ReplyDelete