Today was 3 miles. I ran and walked (about 1/2 mi). Scaled my goals back to my first goal--to be allowed to finish this race. Remembered that a few months ago I was planning to waddle to the finish. When that dream died, dreamed that I could do 10 min miles. Definitely a dream. My first goal was the most sensible and remains so at this point. Was wondering how your goals have been changed by real life, and whether AT, a broken toe, and a miscarriage have actually made it so we will finish at about the same time?
I have thought that many, many times. I have lost the zest for training hard. I just train. Kinda like not running for a goal time, just running to finish.
ReplyDeleteIt will be nice spending the race together. At the rate we have all be able to train I think we'll have more time together than we originally planned. Wonder if there's a Starbucks in the 2nd five miles?
I can think of 2 but not quite on the route. If you go past the Botanic Garden and a few blocks south, there is one near that West Congress Metro. The other one is near the Archives metro so much more off the beaten path. There isn't one in the Pentagon is there?
ReplyDeleteI did manage to do 7 miles on Saturday in 76 minutes. Not a fabulous speed, but respectable. I did the ATM in 2006 in 104 minutes...it will be hard, but I hope to beat that, even if it's by seconds. Meet you at the National Guard tent afterward? What we need to schedule are showers and massages for the afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have that time Michelle. I'm glad to hear that you can run. How's your toe? Massages....mmmmm...sounds decadent.
ReplyDeleteIt hurts still a bit at the base. When I'm running it's actually not too bad, because I'm in a controlled situation. It's the accidentally knocking my foot into furniture or children stepping on toes that causes me flashes of pain. Most of the time, it's just a dull throb.
ReplyDelete