Michelle sent me a great email with her packing list and tips, and Christie and I talked over our packing lists and thoughts which was really, really helpful to me. I've only run 2 races before, both 5Ks, and one thing I know about myself is that preparation and visualization is absolutely necessary. The unexpected/unknown event--thoughts like where will the port-a-johns be???--will knock me to the floor, put a boot on my throat and growl in my face.
Something Michelle mentioned reminded me that there is actually a website for this race which probably has helpful information, so I hit it today. I was very happy to see the exact location of the port-a-johns which I will now go and compare to a race map so I can visualize myself happily approaching them with my wad of damp-from-being-carried-in-my-bra Kleenex.
But I admit, the countdown clock at 11 days 11 hours 2 minutes started my pre-race jitters. Gah! Why didn't I run today??!! I only have 11 days left to get ready. Will I be ready? How can I get my runs in this week with school and my trip to Alabama approaching? Why don't I have any clean socks?
No comments:
Post a Comment