Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, rest day

Today is the day that I get to skip running and not feel guilty about it.  Of course I haven't run since Wednesday and then before that...Monday and before that...Thursday.  It's just that I DID feel guilty all those other non-Fridays.
Having a cold isn't helping the motivation to figure out when to run while husband is gone.  He returns tomorrow and I AM going to do my long run.  Since it's 10 miles.  Since it is ONE week until race day.  Since I haven't run 10 miles in the last two weeks combined.  AHHHHHH...
I figure that I will really just run to finish.  Me, my red hat, my TP in my sports bra, my good old shoes and my friends.  I have decided that my Type-A self that wants to analyze every step of the course and drink stations and mile markers etc. is just going to have to sit down and shut up for this one.
I bought a swim cap this week.  You know.  For the triathlon that I am looking to do in the spring...

7 comments:

  1. How did your run go?

    Love the tri idea. What color is your cap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, how was your run?

    Our Oktoberfest was yesterday, so I blew off that 10 mile run. Did it today instead: 1:48:39. Heading up to an epsom salt bath right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ran seven miles and called it good enough. I am hacking up green crap and feel like hell. I think seven miles is fair. Realized about one mile into the run that the watch I was wearing has a dead battery so I really don't know how long it took me...a long time. Getting ready for a nap and then a bike ride. Planning to run the training schedule runs this week if it kills me. Andy leaves again tomorrow and will be home Thursday. Leaves again Saturday afternoon. So I know I can run tomorrow morning and Saturday morning. Other than that I am going to have to figure out timing for the rest of the running.

    Congrats on your 10 miles!!! Awesome job Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. My swim cap is green and blue swirly things. Because that is what was on sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your runs, guys! With a little effort I did get myself to run 8 mi the morning after I got to Montgomery. It took about 78 min. The course was pretty flat and the weather was cool so that helped a lot. A couple of 3 milers this week and then, !!!!, the big day!!!

    Christie, I hope you're feeling better.

    Michelle, what do epsom salts do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, your time is awesome. I think we'll all be crawling across the finish within a short period of time from each other. Epsom salts, dissolved in bath water, ease achy muscles. I think I've seen them in nicely scented "flavors." I was just at Walmart today and didn't think to look for them. Maybe we'll stop at the commissary at Belvoir (I want to see if they have a particular mustard anyway). I definitely think it helped on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete